[Tango-L] The place for newbies

Martin Waxman martin at waxman.net
Tue Apr 22 10:45:47 EDT 2008

At 10:02 AM 4/22/2008, Mario wrote:
>   What sort of reply will I get from this troll attempt?
>   Will the super critics drive out everyone else and only a private
> email come thru?
>   Is Tango L not the place for newbies?..only the experts who
> already know it all
>   and disagree vehemently with each other ?

Mario,
Yes, Tango-L is a place for newbies.
However, since you seem to have the time, and because I feel it will
answer many of your questions (because they've been asked many times
before), I suggest you read ALL of the archives from the beginning.(1994).

I did.
I found: answers to many of my questions, stuff that worked for me,
stuff that didn't work, interesting ideas, helpful comments, etc.
I also found nonsense -- still worth reading.

We sometimes disagree with each other because it is our personal
Tango -- we dance in the style and way we want to.
We don't know it all -- Argentine Tango is a lifetime of learning.
I'm 78 years old and know I'll never know it all -- I still take
lessons, listen to opinions, and try to improve on what works for me
in the ronda I'm in and floor I'm on -- crowded, uncrowded, good
dancers, not so good dancers, etc..

In the weekly practica I run, we exchange ideas, explore movement,
help and learn from each other, and still dance our own individual AT.

FYI, the archives are at:
http://pythia.uoregon.edu/~llynch/Tango-L/index.html

Marty