[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Mon Apr 21 04:57:39 EDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 01:02 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>>>"Should be encouraged" how and by whom, exactly??
>>
>> Give orders to the dj being do not start a new tanda until the floor
>> is clear.

>I've never heard of such a thing happening. Has anyone??

That must be why you asked then...

Instructions (on the placemats?) would tell of tradition...  Lots of
people wouldn't argue with tradition, would they?  Like those here who
don't buy nuevo and/or other non traditional variations of Tango.

Obviously it really wouldn't be necessary to label roped in areas for
these people to sit within.   I like to embellish too you know?    But
the notice of a second cortina, etc. is to give the lady an excuse to
get off the floor and return to her seat.   The first cortina would
bring on:   'Ahhh..  I think that means we best return to our
seats.'

She would return to her seat to be available again...   Of course if
the lady didn't want that, she/they could certainly just agree
to dance again the next time and/or move off the floor together
instead of staying on it.

Either one wants 'results'..., floor clearing, non hogging, ladies
made available for others, males to get a clue, etc., or people should
stop talking about it.

Just trying to be 'productive' you know?   You didn't appear to have a
better idea.

>Sounds like a good way to lose dancers fast.

On the other hand, if there are many venues in a community.., the
practice could draw the better followers from each of them, along with
the better male leads.

It's also likely that a very small Tango community, supplying a
limited number of venues, would certainly be able to impliment this
without losing a single dancer.  Would they limit themselves to going
dancing less?  And if they weren't serious enough about Tango to stay
with the code of Tango, they would never be.., about either..

>And how it is going to encourage cabaceo and switching partners,
> I cannot fathom.

You may need a bigger air tank...

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *