[Tango-L] Smoke in BA

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sun Apr 20 08:59:10 EDT 2008

It's fall down there and the grasses are dry.  Beyond the lightning
which is blamed, there are also children who always get a kick out of
grass fires.., and when they see the ruckus they're causing, they'd
tend to do it even more...

I know in Atlanta for instance where they have very little below
freezing temps, when it does happen, some kids like to open the
hydrants for a bit.., to black ice the streets...   They like to see
the cars spin around...

Then too.., if it is the farmers themselves?  Has anyone bothered to
see their living conditions?  Their standard of living.   And the
government is putting restrictions on them too?   They may see
dissuading "rich American's" from coming down, or staying, as a *very*
good method to fight back.   One does what they gotta do, and money
rules...  Maybe the government should try providing the farmers with
livestock feed, or whatever their problem is, if they're not allowed
to take care of it themselves...?

Clearing dead grass areas IS a good idea after all.

In any case.., once it's all burned off it's the buenos aires will
flow again.

Until next fall...

Floyd