[Tango-L] Modern dance incorporates a few tango moves

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Thu Apr 17 21:43:26 EDT 2008

Keith wrote:

>I think you've got this backwards. I believe these are supposed to be
Tango dancers so it's not modern dance incorporating a few Tango poses,
it's actually Tango incorporating a lot of modern dance moves. The question
is, when does it stop being one and become the other. On that I have no
comment<
IMO, it depends, if it is a tango presentation at let's say Sunderland, and
dancers want to incorporate ballet movements to one of Pugliese's late tangos.
Then, it is a no go by a show of hands. The rationale is seasoned tango people
would have rather gone to see a ballet performance featuring Pugliese's music.

Cheers,

Bruno