[Tango-L] Nuevo tango just another evolutionary wave

larrynla@juno.com larrynla at juno.com
Thu Apr 17 19:08:30 EDT 2008

I have absolutely no trouble watching, learning, or doing nuevo tango - and I'm an old geezer in his 60s.  And I certainly don't shave my head or grow a goat's-beard beard or dress in cargo pants.

In fact, I usually wear a vest and tie and dance dress shoes and an Armani suit or jacket - NOT for snob appeal but because Armani designs are engineering marvels: comfy, fit right off the rack, and feel as light and cool as elven illusions.  Then as the evening wears on I strip off vest then tie then jacket and eventually shift to a short sleeved shirt.  And once a month I wear jeans and a tee and tennies just to play around with styles.

I think all of you gritching about how awful and shallow and inelegant nuevo is are a bunch of old fogies regardless of your age.  Or maybe a bunch of children who never grew up.

Lighten up.  It's just another of the evolutionary waves that tango has gone through ever since it was invented.  Eventually people will assimilate the good parts and reject the silly parts.

And the young pups of today grown older will be gritching about the next new thing!

Larry de Los Angeles

Click here for free information on starting a business from your home.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iieVCyAPTr89tKinTbEYVFkwxuZ7SwbiASFy4HUvdXjkvpfai/