[Tango-L] Modern dance incorporates a few tango moves

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Apr 17 00:46:38 EDT 2008

Mario,

I think you've got this backwards. I believe these are supposed to be
Tango dancers so it's not modern dance incorporating a few Tango poses,
it's actually Tango incorporating a lot of modern dance moves. The question
is, when does it stop being one and become the other. On that I have no
comment.

However, if Tango dancers are going to incorporate a lot of Latin dance
figures, then they should really take lessons in Latin dance technique.
The underarm turns in this video look a lot like really bad Rumba or, even
worse, really bad Salsa. IMHO,  Chicho should stick to Tango as he's no
Latin dancer. Fortunately, in this video, he's saved by his parner, Juana.

Just my opinion.

Keth, HK

 On Thu Apr 17  9:14 , Mario  sent: