[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

musette fan musettefan at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 17:50:50 EDT 2008

I don't know the tango scene in San Diego, but I've danced in NYC and wonder if in
general at least some of the women have fled precisely because of the intense
aggressive energy, and a certain lack of respect or boundaries, if you will. (Also,
we shouldn't confuse quantity with quality of leaders--no offense.)

The cabaceo-less "feeding frenzy" or meat market environment where women have to
hide sounds seriously uncivilized and unpleasant.  I can totally understand why
women would avoid it, which just further increases the imbalance.

Terri