[Tango-L] Atlanta Tango Festival Video

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Apr 14 09:21:17 EDT 2008

Keith wrote:
> IMHO elegance
> is an integral part of good Tango, including purely social Tango.

Yup. And another thing, too, at least for me: a lack of obviousness. One
of the charms of tango is that it's an improvisational dance, and somehow
I'm lessthan thrilled if I can guess everything a minute (or at worst
three) in advance.

*Especially* if you do a demo, it shouldn't appear as if you (*and*
your dance partner) were running on autopilot on a crowded dance
floor.

By the way, complication isn't a lack of obviousness: autopilot
can happen with very complicated routines rehearsed to death as
well as with simple ones.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>