[Tango-L] touchy subject, huh?

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Fri Apr 11 21:32:36 EDT 2008

Hello All;
Being one of the men in the Denver community, also one of the teachers and
dancers here. This matter is really blown out of proportion. On a personal
level, are the issues brought up important to address, absolutely!!! This is
not about pointing the finger at Chaz to put him up on a pedestal. He just
came to light, is the part of the iceberg everyone can see, and that we are
all involved with to one extent or another (Both men and women alike). He
wrote his own ticket on this. I may not know the details, but the over all
image that has been brought to light are not surprising. As the old adage
goes (that I just made up) “If your going to wreck a room,,, wreck the
bloody room, and do it well by gum”.

I am not going to damn him for being human, he has his good qualities (I
understand he has a real talent for humor, making people laugh and a good
insight to a few things). He also has his stuff, his shadows, and
perceptions. How he chose to express them,,, not the most aware way. Which
has offended a lot of people and become a legal matter.
So goes life, so goes the dance, and so expresses tango.

Darleen, can you say you are expressing your self any better. It may not
look like it is happing in the same way as Chaz, but the intent behind it,
not much different except that you think you are trying to pull out a very
sharp knife to emasculate him. When all is said and done would have
perpetuated the very thing you are accusing and pointing the finger at.

One of the gifts that I see in you Darleen is that you are fantastic in
organizing, being outrageous, out spoken and bringing things to light.
Really great stuff!!! The way you are choosing to express your self here, I
know you can do better.

There was a woman from our community here who wrote a great commentary
concerning the situation with Chaz, and I would include you with this. I
have added a little embellishment in this.

There is a village and in it there is a person who has wronged other members
of the village. The person who performed the wrongs was required to set
things right through service to the community. This person was also to sit
on a stage in the middle of the village. Each villager stopped and with
respect said something they appreciated about the offender. As the people
said what they needed to, the person who had offended could not say anything
except “Thank you”.

Sex is part of being human and even a monk has to make choices about their
sexuality and expression. Just like a gigolo, and everyone else on this
list. Welcome to being human.

So I ask you Darleen, Chaz and everyone else involved in this dance we
express. Consider for a moment what I have wrote here.

I my self will be out to dance tonight. I expect some dances will be blah,
some will be friendly or fun. Some will be sexy, and some will be really
hot!!!!.

Enjoy the evening my friends and have at least one nice dance.
David Hodgson/ Zorrito

Checked by AVG.
9:17 AM