[Tango-L] Speak up if you're uncomfortable

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Thu Apr 10 22:40:06 EDT 2008

The article states that Chas is still fighting his case, and is going to
appeal the verdict. There were doubts on the credibility of the victim too.
Your statement that you "received encouragement" without stating from who or
how many people, and saying "it is important that as a community we remain
informed"  (who are "we"? what "community?", remained informed about what?
something that may have happened once in Denver and has not really been
proven? ) may be no more than a vague justification for your passing the
news around to a list of 1200 some people around the globe and setting out
to destroy Chas' reputation as a tango teacher, whatever your motives may
be.
Chas used to be one of the funniest, most entertaining members of tango-l,
and I, for one, miss his postings.