[Tango-L] Do I have to invent every step of the dance, even her's ???

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 17:33:40 EDT 2008

Stephen, I wasn't describing an exchange of lead and
follow.  I might be taking it wrong.  But, it almost
seems as though you are lashing out calling me a
dominating leader.  Please, read my post for what it
was.  A clear cut example.  Don't twist what I was
saying.

I was describing that I lead a boleo and seconds go
by, many, many seconds, while she does her
embellishment.  During that time, nothing was led.  No
conversation was taking place.  She, simply, created
the space to invent.  Exactly what Mario was asking
about.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that.
I said I don't prefer it.

Again, I was giving an example where the follower
takes/makes the room to invent.

The example was from a couple of occassions of dancing
with a couple of women that went on to do quite well
at show tango.  I'm proud of them.  And, I wasn't
talking about "dominating".  That's a different story,
a different thread.

And, for the record, there are a lot of little
conversations that go on that are, more or less, led
by my followers.  And, I LOVE them!

Oh, and, it definitely wasn't exhange of lead and
follow.  She wasn't leading me to do anything.