[Tango-L] walking to the cross - videos

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 00:05:57 EDT 2008

Ernest Williams provided videos where the Cross is being taught.

I saw two videos, one "aloha tango" and the other Oscar Casas "the Cross".

In the first one the leader causes the woman to tilt the torso in order to exaggerate
a movement of the hip that actually  normally happens as she walks back.
This was explained in detail in my prior note.  IMO this is not necessary because the
shifting of the torso causes the woman to lose her alignment, that she has to recuperate after she crosses.

In the second one, Oscar Casas shows the correct way to the cross.
With the woman well framed with him, she does the cross by default, when he does not wish that she
crosses then he blocks her left foot with his right one, this removes her option to cross and she steps back.

The first video "Aloha Tango" shows the lead to the cross that we normally use in milonga.
In milonga we have to lead the cross because it has many figures where the cross is not done.

Thank you Ernest for two good examples of what we had been discussing.

Sergio

Mar del Plata, Argentina.