[Tango-L] Not leading vs.leading the cross

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 19:22:57 EDT 2008

If the cross is done automatically, without input from the man, other than being
  "on her left" for two steps, the woman completes a series of movements which
  we refer to as "crossing". This precludes the introduction of variations which can
  occur during this "simple" move that actually consists of several parts.

  It is one example of the fact that while we say that tango is an improvised dance,
  in fact there are many prescribed series of steps which, once learned, become
  patterns that can be difficult break.

  Steve

Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

I would like to know what is the benefit of leading vs. not leading the cross.

Sergio
Mar del Plata, Argentina