[Tango-L] Trolling, was: Tango Music

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 12:52:14 EDT 2007

> From: kushi_bushi at hotmail.com

> amazed, but not surprised.
>
> first, i want to thank sergio for his dead on answer to my question (you, my new friend, must be a great teacher), and of course heather for her response, certainly your cat is welcome, EVERYONE IS WELCOME WHEN AND WHERE I DANCE. .......yadda  , yadda, (snip long rant)

Well kushi, you are definitely a troll, and a cowardly one at that since you have decided to post anonymously. However, I have to admit that you got me to take your bait LOL! Anyways, I responded in a knee jerk reaction. I should have thought a little more before posting my answer. I will try to rectify my response a little bit so my ideas can be more accurately represented.

Your original post was inflammatory and my response might not have been appropriate since I don't know the particulars of your situation. I will admit that there is lots of tango music which is pretty bad for dancing. Even music by the best know, most beloved orchestras that played in the Golden Era of tango, later played music which is as you say "uninspiring". Since you post anonymously, I don't know the practicas and milongas you go to, but there is a slight possibility that the DJ or DJs in your area are not playing the best tango music. In that case your post might be justifiable as an act of genuine frustration.

However, I think you are being disingenuous and sneaky. Your words were derisive and demeaning to the tango music many of us love. You can parse words all you want, but in the context of you original post, your meaning was abundantly clear. "Whinny and uninspiring" are hardly terms of praise and admiration, add to that your inability to find the beat, etc. And the meaning comes across quite clearly. Your other posts are even more insulting, presumptuous and arrogant. Of course, this is a free country and the forum is not moderated (thank goodness for that). Therefore you have the freedom to post whatever drivel comes to your mind. However, you should at least have the decency to post your insults and criticisms under your own name, not under a cowardly cover of anonymity.

If you will continue posting to this forum, you might consider that your words might have more credibility, and you might actually do some good if you would have enough guts to be more direct, more specific and be more willing to stand by your words. As it is, you come across as a ridiculous, cowardly troll.

Sincerely,

Manuel Patino
404-216-9020