[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Wed Sep 26 02:51:33 EDT 2007

So you think 100N (11kg) is too much force for a 70kg follower? I don't
think so..And you calculation is imprecise. Because there is something like
bouncing in each step. Yes, another thing that is taught wrong. Every step
begins with a fall, then bouncing from the floor, then finishing up
(climbing up). It is not done with legs that are straight all the time, so
it is not too visible, but it is there. That's why the follower's and
leader's mass help both in acceleration and in deceleration. So the force is
minimal, it is just enough to cause 'the fall", then the two fall and climb,
fall and climb, and so on. So beautiful. So tango. That's the physics behind
the words: "The leader shows intention, the follower leads, the leader
follows". In the terms above, the leader causes the fall, the follower
accepts (without resistance) and falls, and the leader (simultaneously -
they are connected) follows by falling with.

People that can see, see it. Try yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_Rbts5Q9Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oc1x6iNiMI

Whatever, if you don't agree, it must be because you are not ready to.
Someday you will understand.

Meanwhile, read the "book" here:
www.tangoandchaos.org