[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Sep 25 01:37:02 EDT 2007

Krassimire,

This is a good point. An excellent exercise for intermediate dancers is for
the man to dance with his right arm behind his back. The lady still has her
full embrace. Many men think they are not using their right arm to lead,
but take it away and they can't dance. It's really quite funny when people
first try it. It's also an excellent exercise for the lady. Suddenly she has
to take more responsibility for maintaining the connection and, often for the
first time, she realises that she has an equal responsibility for maintaining
the all-important connection.

This is just an exercise. When I dance, I love to embrace the lady and make her
feel safe and secure.

Keith, HK

On Tue Sep 25  5:00 , "Krassimire Stoyanov"  sent: