[Tango-L] Tango-L Digest, Vol 18, Issue 21

flame@2xtreme.net flame at 2xtreme.net
Mon Sep 24 21:48:33 EDT 2007

Oh yes Igor, I saw this one too and I like it very very much. Especially the
first part when he does almost all walking, which is so underrated.
I just returned from the Las Vegas tango festival and in the crowded
evening milongas I wanted only a leader who would walk beautifully to the
music. Not try to impress me (or others) with barridas, ganchos, and boleos.
Last night Carlos & Maria Rivarola, Fernanda Ghi & Guillermo Merlo and
Carolina Zokalski & Diego Di Falco all danced at the last milonga not as
performers but as social dancers and it was amazing to observe their
floorcraft. Carlos had talked in classes about showing respect for the floor,
feeling the energy of it and moving in harmony with that energy. And he
practiced what he preached as did the others. None of them disturbed the
other dancers or showed off fancy moves but they did lots of walking with
beautiful turns when there was room to do so and they were always dancing
to the music. I loved their formal performances the night before but in a
way, enjoyed watching their social dancing even more.

 On 22 Sep 2007 at 12:08, tango-l-request at mit.edu wrote:

> Message: 15
> Pablo Veron !
> Here is another clip, do you like it?