[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:46:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:33 +0100 (BST), Chris, UK <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:
> Krasimir wrote:
> > You have to provide that energy - and your hand is essential here
>
> When a guy finds pushing or pulling with his hands is essential to a
> certain move, that's tango's way of telling him to give that move a miss.

It occurs to me that some if not most of the disagreement above might
be coming from a simple misunderstanding.

I think that when Krassimir says "hands" above he generally means
"arms". In English (and in this context) these two concepts seem more
separated through labels than in Bulgarian, hence the likely source of
error. I've occasionally made this substitution error as well.

Just a thought.

With best regards,

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada