[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Sep 24 14:33:00 EDT 2007

Krasimir wrote:
> And I pointed out that it is not simple pulling, but pulling is
> included in a more complex movement (lead), but you ignored it.

I didn't ignore it. Just that I think including pulling in /any/ "more
complicated and precisely executed movement" does not mitigate it.

> You have to provide that energy - and your hand is essential here

When a guy finds pushing or pulling with his hands is essential to a
certain move, that's tango's way of telling him to give that move a miss.

Igor wrote:
> I can not remember a moment when I transferred my weight backward in
> double time sharply from the vertical position

How about when last a leader shoved you in the back, just before you said
"Thank you" and left the floor? ;)

--
Chris