[Tango-L] Milonguero style and show style dancing in one evening ---a solution?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 18:40:08 EDT 2007

Hi Ron,

I think Sherwin was being sarcastic.  But why bother to
announce which style for which tanda?  Just switch to
electronica for the showy stuff. :-)

Trini de Pittsburgh
Home of the Smiley Icon

--- Tango Society of Central Illinois
<tango.society at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/20/07, TangoSherwin at aol.com <TangoSherwin at aol.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Ouch! kicked again by a flying heel !
> >
> > Perhaps the organizers of a given milonga could
> announce before the music
> > starts that this tanda will be only milonguero style
> (no boleos or ganchos
> > or
> > leg lifts or etc) ...
> >
> > ...and the one after that will be for showy
> style....etc etc.
> >
> > Wouldn't that make sense?
> >
> > Certainly there's enough time in one evening for both
> to have turns.
> >
> > Sherwin
> >

> Show style dancing at a milonga? Isn't that a
> contradiction? If you want to
> do show style tango, you could organize a tango show.
> Milongas are for
> social dancing (although for some reason this definition
> is not widely
> accepted outside Buenos Aires). Thus, the announcement is
> unnecessary. You
> could make the announcement at a milonga that show
> dancing is not suitable
> (and if this is in the US, you would be guaranteed to
> kill the milonga).
>
> Ron

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/