[Tango-L] New milonga review: Corazon de Tango Milonga - Portland, OR

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 14:49:48 EDT 2007

Hi Sorin,

I found your subject line a bit misleading. I expected to see the
review but instead your posting is really just an announcement (that
such a review is available elsewhere). Perhaps the subject could have
reflected this (e.g. "New milonga review posted on my site" or
something similar). BTW, I am not even going to get into the Tango-A
vs. Tango-L thing, and I am not advocating that you move your
announcements to Tango-A (though others might).

I am actually not claiming that anything has to be changed, but
perhaps you would be OK with getting feedback. I do find myself
slightly irritated from time to time when I click on postings only to
find them being just links to personal blogs without any substance on
the linked content being part of the Tango-L posting itself.

I realize that this practice is perhaps an inevitable development, in
line with the rise of blogs. It has been happening here on Tango-L
more frequently in recent years. Miles with his one-line link-posts
comes to mind.

All that said, I think your milonga reviews are a great idea and I
really appreciate your efforts, as well as those of Miles and others,
to share your experiences, opinions, and knowledge. And I really mean
it - this is not just a polite closing sentence.

With best regards,

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada