[Tango-L] Switching roles

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Wed Sep 12 10:15:29 EDT 2007

Although the milongas in BsAs are called "gay milongas", the majority of
people who go there are not gay. They are mostly young, they are all kinds
of people, foreigners and porteno's, and women are just as likely to lead
men as men lead men or women lead women.

I saw a lovely performance once at Club Espanol by an older couple.
Somewhere in the middle, almost imperceptibly, they changed roles. A little
later they changed back again. It was beautiful, and the crowd loved it.

Loisa