[Tango-L] new milonga in Buenos Aires

MACFroggy@aol.com MACFroggy at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 22:18:03 EDT 2007

Tonight we went to the inauguration of the new Tuesday milonga of Hector y
Norma (Cachirilo)
in Boedo--in fact, it's half a block from my apartment.

It's in the Salon de Fiesta Mallorca at the corner of Boedo and Carlos Calvo
3595.

All Buenos Aires was there to check it out, the first milonga in Boedo, el
Barrio de Tango, in many years. Of course, being the inauguration, it was also
free.

There are many problems to work out, such as where to seat people for the
cabeceo. Tonight it was impossible, as the tables were large round ones for 8-10
people, men and women mixed. And people were crowded in front of the door,
waiting for a seat.
The floor is marble, hard but smooth for dancing. The salon is elegant in
black and silver. Terrific air conditioning.

There were over 250 attendees, and it was great to see young and old there.

We wish Hector y Norma lots of luck, and certainly I will attend often if for
nothing more than proximity. Up to now, there has been no good Tuesday
milonga here. Time will tell.

Cherie (y Ruben)

(54) 11 4932-5027
http://tangocherie.blogspot.com/