[Tango-L] Russian Waltz (vals)

KUROSAKA Teruhiko kuro at bhlab.com
Sun Oct 28 18:05:21 EDT 2007

Recently at a milonga, I heard a good alternative vals song.
I asked the DJ the title of the song, but she only knew this
as a Russian waltz. Another person told me that this song
was used in a Russian movie(s?) and very famous, though
she didn't know the title either.

After Googling, I've found the Russian waltz was discussed
in Tango-L, in May 2006 under the subject
"My Sweet and Tender Beast".  The real title
is said to be "My Tender and Affectionate Beast"
by Evgeni Doga/Kolibri.

In a reply to this thread by Lucia
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/tango-l/2006-May/000483.html
an URL at music.allofmp3.com as the mp3 source, but
this site is not responding. It seems to have been shut.

This mp3 file I've found in a Russian site
http://www.zvuki.ru/T/P/23349/mp3/8
is supposed to be for this song. It does sound
similar but I think it's different than I've heard.
May be what I'm looking for is not "My Seet and Tender
Beast" after all.

Does anyone know a different source of this song,
or similar Russian waltz songs used often in milongas?

Thanks.

Kuro