[Tango-L] New generation of milongueros

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Sat Oct 27 05:35:01 EDT 2007

Kace:
You have really made some very good and clear comments in this post.
Thank you.

I will add something else about the "milongueros" (enter mythos here
[______]). That I believe will compliment what you have written.

What are you (the Lead) doing out there on the dance floor.
Where are you leading the Follow.
Are you listening.
What is private between you and the Follow/ what is shared with the rest of
the room.

David Hodgson

-----Original Message-----
From: tango-l-bounces at MIT.EDU [mailto:tango-l-bounces at MIT.EDU] On Behalf Of
Kace
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 8:51 PM
To: Tango-L
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] New generation of milongueros

Lucia wrote:
>The Milonguero belongs with the Marlboro Man and the Jeep, they are
>figments of imagination.

Do we know anything about the milongueros, besides the obvious
facts they are old, started dancing young, and are self-taught?
This is where truth gives way to mythology and here-say.

As long as we are projecting our own interpretations on them,
we are just going round in circle.

This debate will never end as long as nobody can pin down hard
evidence about the "milongueros" -- what they know, how they
think and feel, and what they have done in glorious details.

I applaud those who made it their quest to understand the
milongueros.   But the objective of that quest must be to
lead to video footage and first person interviews which
can become documentation.

Without these primary data, it can only exacerbate the
confusion over the "milonguero" identity.

kace
tangosingapore.com