[Tango-L] DANCING TANGO ON TANGO

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 00:31:58 EDT 2007

Hi Christian,

Sorry to hear about your contretemps .... I think your suggestions are interesting even if offered tongue in cheek. I've been speared by high heels before and it was not any fun. I've also had people back into my partner's space or darted in our path and they or their partner got the dreaded heel stab... It seems that sometimes it was an unavoidable accident, but it always results from poor dancing ability by either party or some other couple that caused the accident and goes blithely on their way... Probably the single biggest cause of these collisions is not dancing along the LOD. Next in line is dancing without paying attention to the people in front and running into them when they have to stop and dance in place. This is one of the reasons that dancing in very crowded floors is not so much fun. Specially when populated by good numbers of inexperienced or inconsiderate dancers. Of course, I've seen collisions in floors when only 2 couples were dancing LOL.. However, my worst experiences with difficult dancers were in rooms with plenty of room but very inconsiderate, show-off dancers. Ask me privately and I'll tell you milongas to avoid..... And no, they are not in Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, Michigan, DC or Miami...

Hope you heal soon,

Manuel