[Tango-L] Dancing with old guys

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Tue Oct 16 20:58:15 EDT 2007

Jake wrote:

I must ask you, in all innocence... What's your opinion of the men who
are now 45-63, and who (presumably) will soon be 65-83?
Chance in hell?

Deby responds:

My former partner is 63, I think.  He dances incredibly.  There are many
fine dancers in this age group.  There are many who are older that are
disasters.  There is one young man I dance with who is I think 32.  He
has been dancing I think 2 years or so.  Technically he has a way to
go.  But the soul he puts into his dance is wonderful. He really feels
the music.  It is not how old you are, or how long you have been
dancing. Never.