[Tango-L] Milongueros for Hire (65-83)

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Tue Oct 16 07:27:33 EDT 2007

They were all tall, slim women over 50 dancing with men 65-83. [...] They
hired the same men for six nights. [...] I call it the only way to dance
with the best while they are still around.

> I must ask you, in all innocence... What's your opinion of the men who
> are now 45-63, and who (presumably) will soon be 65-83?
> Jake
> (25-43)
> DC

; ) ; ) Nothing against milongueros, and this posting may make me look like
an ignoramus too, but I imagine that only in the tango world it is thinkable
and desirable for a woman, still reasonably "young" looking and attractive,
to hire and pay an 83 year old man for six nights in a row to accompany her
and give her a good time... I also have noticed that many tangueros between
50 and 65 prefer to exclusively dance with women 20 to 30 years their
junior.  Aren't you lucky, you guys...

maybe that answers part of your question, Jake...; )
Astrid