[Tango-L] Fwd: How to foster sustainable and unified communities.

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 16:13:28 EDT 2007

Lynn,

I agree with your sentiments concerning disparaging public
remarks, but it was also the responsibility of the host to
work with the local teacher to avoid the conflict, if
possible.  If the teacher had ongoing classes, it is rude
of the host to assume that the local teacher would change
his/her plans just to accomodate the visiting teacher.

We've had visiting teachers hold workshops at the same time
as our classes.  However, when the workshops and our
classes are taught at different levels, there is no
conflict.

In other cities, the host often asks the local teacher if
he/she would like the guest teacher to teach the class.
The local teacher could have accepted and worked with the
guest to provide something meaningful to his/her students.
If this was not a possibility, then both the local teacher
and the host hold their respective events and take their
chances.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- L <casadepractica at pacbell.net> wrote:

> > It was no secret this couple was coming to the area and
> the local
> > teacher could easily have programmed his event at
> another date.
> >
> > But, under no circumstance should anyone ever publicly
> bad-mouth a
> > visiting artist or send a disparaging notice of this
> type to their
> > client list.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/