[Tango-L] The Jungle and Women's Tricky Tricks

Stephen.P.Brown@dal.frb.org Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org
Fri Oct 5 12:18:44 EDT 2007

Carol raises an interesting point about not wanting to dance milonga with
someone but wanting to dance tango.  I also find that there are some
partners with whom I would prefer to dance with only to specific music, be
the distinction tango/vals/milonga or D'Arienzo/Di Sarli/Pugliese.  I
think this underscores the desirability of playing music in tandas.

I agree with Ron that a lot of the problems would be eliminated through
the use of the cabeceo.  I am completely baffled by people finding the
cabeceo difficult to use outside Buenos Aires.  I have used it with great
regularity in many different cities.  In addition, my coworkers and I
frequently use a variation of it to get a group together for lunch.

Steve (de Tejas)
http://www.tejastango.com/