[Tango-L] Igor's Question: a woman's perspective

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed Oct 3 23:22:00 EDT 2007

Manuel wrote:

> I've taught in many classes by having the people tap their foot to the
> strong beats in tango, I've had them snap their fingers and even clap
> their hands to the beat. They seem to get it, but immediately after
> the exercise, they dance completely off the beat. It's amazing really,

More amazing is the number of class teachers that continue to use this
bankrupt method even after having noticed how ineffective it is.

> I wish there was something that could be taken or inhaled to make the
> beat accessible to more people...

There is such a thing, Manuel. It is called dancing.

You dance with them. You feel the beat, they feel you, and through the
connection they get to feel the beat.

--
Chris