[Tango-L] Igor's Question: a woman's perspective

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Wed Oct 3 20:38:09 EDT 2007

Greg,
If you find dancing to the rhythm difficult you could try dancing to the melody instead. Personally I find that more difficult, but I think followers like it because there are a lot more pauses and slow steps for them to embellish. Just try listening for the voice or the violins and go with that part. A good song to try would be something like Pasional.

In terms of finding the rhythm, try anything by D'Arienzo, Biagi or Rodríguez where the beat is pretty strong. I would defy anyone not to find the rhythm in El Recodo where Biagi must have told his piano player to beat the piano like a drum. Plus it is one of the best tracks for dancing anyway. I just wish someone would invent a time machine so I could go back and hear those guys live.

Victor Bennetts