[Tango-L] Igor's Question: a woman's perspective

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Tue Oct 2 15:30:44 EDT 2007

I understand there is a problem, but disagree that it has to be a
problem.

Argentine Tango seems so improvisational and flexible that you can't
find the structure. Specifically, the phrasing structure of Tango is 4
+4=8. This is easy count and easy to match with simple steps. But
when you have too many steps, you lose the musicality. That is why it
is so hard to teach musicality to intermediate and advanced dancers.

The cool thing is: IT IS VERY EASY TO TEACH MUSICALITY TO BEGINNERS.