[Tango-L] No Subject - about statistics

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Thu Nov 29 22:01:15 EST 2007

Doug, posting to a newsgroup (or any kind of writing for an audience) is a bit like having a first dance with someone you don't know. It is not a safe activity. You are putting a bit of yourself out there and some people will like it and others might hate it. They may even squash it. But to be a good tango leader you need to be willing to take a risk and maybe get hurt. That is exactly what happened to me on my first night in BsAs when (after three years of dancing in Australia) an experienced follower walked off the floor in the middle of a dance with me at a well known Milonga. So at that stage I could have dug a hole and buried my dancing shoes in it, but instead it gave me the determination to do every class I could and go to a Milonga every night. Ultimately, the hard work and persistence paid off and in my second week I was having great dances with very experienced portena followers at well known Milongas and once I got back home to Australia a few people I respect very much told me they were amazed at how my dancing had transformed for the better in such a short period of time.

You don't have to post to this list to become a good leader, but the more people who post and contribute their experiences and knowledge and ask questions, the better a resource the list will be. Every experienced leader has been where you are right now at some point and I am sure the more a leader is prepared to risk and be challenged, the faster they will improve.

Victor Bennetts

Doug> I don't contribute to list.  It does not feel safe to do so.