[Tango-L] Truth & Truthiness?

DocDAS@aol.com DocDAS at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 11:38:07 EST 2007

Hola;
     I a sense of absurdity overwhelms me regarding the  'Truth & Truthiness'
dialogue that has caught so much attention of late.  I've been dancing tango
for nearly 10  years and a subscriber to Tango-L  for about the same time and
have yet to see such inane, pedantic, nit picking,  and ultimately pointless
raving as displayed in the recent postings! It may just  be a sign of the
times. "Before a civilization is attacked from the outside  it crumbles from
within".  Tango is the music, the dance and the  communication between two people, y
nada mas. Remove your intellect a bit  from the stage and allow you heart,
body and spirit to guide you and you'll have  less problems, dance better and
fewer negative thoughts. Be a little more in the  moment. Enjoy life. Don't take
things for granted. Happy Holidays to All.
Dan

Hi Keith,

I sense a sadness and nostalgia in your post. Maybe  you miss the good old
days? ;-).... I think that writing the obit for the  tango-L might be a little
premature. I think that the Tango-L appears to be  "comatose" because people
just don't have much to say. I agree with you in that  a bit more generosity,
kindness and tolerance would be nice to see in some of  the postings to the
forum. However, I don't think the mild bickering or the few  really insulting or
annoying posts that show up from time to time are the cause  of the slowing
down of discussions. It's probably just a lull in the action or a  cyclical low
in audience participation. Perhaps your well timed opinon will  revive the
discussions......

Cheers,

Manuel

visit our  webpage
www.tango-rio.com

> Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:58:55  -0500
> From: keith at totango.net
> To: tango-l at mit.edu
>  Subject: [Tango-L] Truth and Truthiness
>
> The truth could be said  to be, I think, that Tango-L has been virtually
> made comatose and put on  virtual life-support by people who might be
> well-meaning; who certainly  are smart; but who do not exhibit personal
> knowledge of having learned  the cardinal rule of tango and life:
>
> Be generous.
>
> If you don't give, you don't get.
>

> Being  generous can sometimes be the simple act of not posting a reply to a
>  message instead of - you know ...
>

> The takers-away took  Tango-L away.
>
> Bet they are awful dancers, each and every one of  them.
>
> If they want to get better, all they have to do is hold  it sometimes.
>
> If I may say.
Tango-L  mailing  list
Tango-L at mit.edu