[Tango-L] Oberlin College

TimmyTango@aol.com TimmyTango at aol.com
Sun Nov 18 23:23:12 EST 2007

I just wanted to tell that the first mini tango festival at Oberlin College
was  a gigantic success.
The classes held by Ray Barbosa and Ana, from the University of Chicago. And
Ron and Suesanna Weigel, from the University of Illinois were greatly received
by more than 46 students on Saturday. All classes were very informative and
just what this fledgling community needed.
The Milonga on Saturday night was also well attended by visiting cities and
with the great DJing by Ron Weigel from Urbana, Illinois, very few people sat
and listened. The Dance floor was always filled up to the very end of the
night, where 35 people were still dancing at 1am.
Many visiting people told me they never saw such commitment to learning the
tango as what the Overlain students demonstrated.
Good job TangOberlin

Timmy in Cleveland