[Tango-L] Tech entreaty: Please care how your post is published!

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:13:33 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 10:21 AM, Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
> All your posts guys are stored for posterity in there:
>
> http://pythia.uoregon.edu/%7Ellynch/Tango-L/2006/
> Please, check it !
>
> And if your lines are too long, it is impossible to read. At least in
> Internet Explorer ( a program  99.999999% of the users use ).
>
> Please, fix your e-mailing to insert line breaks !
>
> Or just type them your self in the text.

Yes, it is definitely annoying, and it has been happening more in the
last few months, for some reason.

It is not just with IE. I read using Firefox which has the same problem.

That said, every time I want to read the long-line postings I hit
Ctrl+U to bring up "Page Source" view, where the text of the post is
formatted properly for reading (scroll down a bit). So this is a
workaround for existing annoyances.

BTW, I don't think it is a 99.999999% share for IE; hasn't been for a
long time. Don't know about actual users/posters to Tango-L, but out
there on the intertubes
(http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ted+stevens+intertubes) the
current browser shares are:
IExplorer: 57 % (total of 3 versions)
Firefox: 36%
and others below 2% each (Safari, Opera, Mozilla). See this:

and one may suppose the Tango-L distribution may not be much different.

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada