[Tango-L] The Cross :: To unwind, or not to unwind, that is the question...

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Wed Nov 14 14:27:01 EST 2007

Steve:

As I completed my post, what you wrote below dawned on me ... eventually (as
more responses come in) I expect the majority to say that the uncrossing
should be led ... or not led (led to "stay" crossed if you will) ...
depending on the multitude of possibilities, the individual dancers, the
music being danced to and musicality of the dancers, other dancers in close
proximity and on and on ... just like everything else in tango ...

The point is, I realized the uncrossing should be led, the follower should
be attuned to the leader's intention to lead/suggest a side (or back) step,
or an unwinding pivot, or whatever ... and uncross if she needs to ...

Thanks for your thoughts ... it will be interesting to get more from the
list ...

Alex