[Tango-L] Leaving for BsAs tomorrow

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Thu Nov 8 18:43:59 EST 2007

I am off to Buenos Aires for the next four weeks, and as always, am
interested in the changes that I will see since my last visit. I hear that
inflation has increased prices 18%, and I am sure that it has hit the tango
economy even harder. I have heard that the milongas have changed, some more
crowded, most with fewer Portenos.

I am especially interested in the level of dancing. I would think that a
better understanding of the dance and focus on improvement throughout the
world, that the level has gotten higher. I am also thinking that the
Argentines who are recent converts to tango are realizing the high level of
dancing of the foreigners and are "stepping up", so to speak. This may be
great news for us visitors.

I will have a group with me again, and it is always great to see this
beautiful city through the eyes of the newcomers.

Lois Donnay
Minnepaolis, MN