[Tango-L] interview with Pablo Veron

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Thu Nov 1 00:42:43 EDT 2007

http://www.10tango.com/interior/detalle_nota.php?idx=41&seccion=4

One question from the interview:

Is there a style or shape which you feel closer to?
      I think it's not good to close oneself to anything beforehand. It's
important for those who wish to dance today to watch the people that have
been dancing for fifty years, and I mean basically, to watch them from an
aesthetic point of view, trying to understand what these people "say" when
they dance. My dancing is very different from the dancing of young people
today because I saw, in a direct way, and from a very early age, those
oldies. But at the same time, I studied contemporary dance, tap, jazz, and
that's also in me....

And who are these people that have been dancing for fifty years?

The milongueros.