[Tango-L] Fwd: Speed of movement around milonga's floor

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Tue May 29 11:17:18 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Tango Tango <tangotangotango at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nancy.
>
> Reading your post was like getting career advice from a homeless person.
>
> It's too bad Gavito is not alive to receive the input from a 5-week
> veteran of tango. He would have appreciated it.
>
> Neil
>
> Did you read Nancy's post as a criticism of Gavito? That isn't what I got
out of it. It sounded to me as if she were describing a simple rule that she
sees many leaders complying with, namely staying in a single lane without
passing even if you encounter challenges to that.

I wish I had started tango early enough to have seen more of Gavito. I only
saw him when he came through town one time. His slow stateliness was
smoldering! He was usually in the middle of the floor for his slowest
dancing. I saw him once on the outside and he did go around the floor, but
as Nancy described, it was pretty slow.

I'll be explicit in order not to be misunderstood. That isn't a criticism of
Gavito! How marvelous he looked. The ones I would criticize are the ones I
remember zipping around him because they were fed up with waiting for him to
move forward.
Some time ago I wrote a post about "The Flying Dutchman". The essence of it
was that I feel more comfortable when I'm dancing with the kind of leader
that Nancy described, a man who stays in his lane.

I'm taking a little survey now. Are there any men who are curious about how
we feel about that?

Fan