[Tango-L] Some live tango music tips from a musician's perspective.

garybarn@ozemail.com.au garybarn at ozemail.com.au
Mon May 28 20:08:29 EDT 2007

Thanks Bob for a great post. Its really great to have this from
someone actually doing it, rather than just the rants of dancers like
myself.

A couple of questions for you and other musicians on the list.

> All the folks in the band came to tango through Piazzolla.  We all
> fell in love with classic tango by following Piazzolla's roots.

First, do you think there is anything that evangelising tango dancers
(like myself) can do (or not do) to encourage musicians to follow the
roots, or to help them find the joy of playing for dancing?  Or is it
just luck?

Second, in developing your skill in arranging, was listening to old
recordings important?

Gary