[Tango-L] Speed of movement around milonga's floor

Bibi Wong bibibwong at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 17:49:51 EDT 2007

Melroy and Keith

Dancers may not have to move around to get the energy.  There are plenty of
energy in crowded milongas in Ba when everyone are pinned on the spot.

Well put about being awkward in moving around when the general mood is to be
stationary.  Haven't we witnessed enough Tasmanian Devils senselessly
weaving in and out? :-)  I noticed that tango music tends to create more
in-situ opportunities than milonga and valse.

If the dancers are in 7th heaven dancing in-situ, good for them!  I am
always fascinated at the things the leaders can do dancing in-situ.

Thus, on the contrary, I beg to differ: I would say it suggested that the
participants are sophisticated in harnessing the space, traffic and mood.  I
recall the 1st or 2nd milonga in Denver, the first class after the opening
night milonga was about traffic control.  Now they have obviously conquered
that.  Hooray to the organizers / teachers!

Bibi