[Tango-L] Words and music

AJ Azure azure.music at verizon.net
Thu May 24 15:15:07 EDT 2007

    Unfortunately, Jake you read many, many things into my posts which were
not there or maybe you misconstrued them. I never dissed DJs nor dancers. In
fact, I stated that I was very open to input. I specifically dissed Igor and
Chris because, I have seen them behave like bullies and jerks to dancers as
well as musicians. They have held themselves up as 'experts' on everything
that apses their lips, including music.
I also did not diss critics as a whole. Read back what I said with full
comprehension and you will see, I said some critics know what they are
talking about. I also said that dancers should not dictate to musicians from
on high as if they are gods (that's the gist anyway). They should want to
cooperate and have the proper respect. I have respect for dancers, want to
play for them, want their guidance, with respect. Not with the rude way
Chris and Igor present themselves. I did state that there is a definite
difference between DJs and musicians but , I did not in any way say they
were worthless. Seriously, reading comprehension is a fabulous thing.

    Other than that everything you've posted here is based on totally
misunderstanding me and my statements. I have never claimed to be a master
dancer, musician or DJ. Nor a master of the English language but, if Igor's
going to behave like an arrogant jerk,  he should at very least get his
terms correct.

    I am very open to a discussion that involves mutual respect. Clearly
what sparked this and conversations involving Igor and Chris don't usually
involve that.

    If anyone would like an open, polite dialogue from here on about how
dancers and musicians can work together in mutual cooperation, I am more
than willing to participate, give my input and listen.

_AJ