[Tango-L] Try simple staff first, musicians !!!

AJ Azure azure.music at verizon.net
Wed May 23 15:18:51 EDT 2007

Wow I actually, almost agree with Igor! The only problem Igor is that every
time you or someone else try to tell musicians what to do they are missing
HUGE concepts of what playing music and understanding music is as a
player/performer. So the 'advice' is quit limited. That's the point you
don't seem tog et. Listening to records does not cover it enough. It's a
huge start but, it goes waaayy beyond that. Unless you just want musicians
to regurgitate arrangements note for note and if you do well that's damn
insulting. We're not CDs. We can certainly play music of the 40s. The fault
lies in the fact that dancers are looking for an exact copy of the CD when
musicians play 40s music. That's wrong. Now the music absolutely should be
danceable but, regurgitation as an expectation is a huge mistake.
Please ember that many of the musicians out there are highly educated in
music technique, theory and history. It's a matter of time to interpret the
music but, to copy it, is not musicianship.

_A