[Tango-L] Skirtless

Fantasia Sorenson bichonheels at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:12:04 EDT 2007

On 5/14/07, m i l e s <miles at tangobliss.com> wrote:

> Fantasia
>
> I'm keen to hear *THIS* one....
>
> M i l e s.

Alright, Miles, here it is. Thanks for asking!

I was a very enthusiastic newbie when I started dancing. I was dying to
dance and I was absolutely sure that anyone else would be just as eager as
I. I went through all of the stages that I now know to be typical. Sitting
out, not knowing what was wrong with me, being convinced that if I studied
harder I would be invited more, being told I was "dream" one night and then
being ignored by the same guy the next.

So I began to take matters into my own hands and invite men myself. I found
that I didn't enjoy the dances as much, but I enjoyed them more than when I
was just sitting around. At least for a while. Then my pride really began to
chafe at this and I felt less and less dignified. I stopped doing that and
gradually found that I was dancing more and enjoying it more again.

When I showed up not dressed to dance and sat watching the whole evening,
there were quite a few men who talked to me. They were unusually easygoing
and even stuck around and talked to me in several cases. I got them to open
up to me, and it taught me a lesson about what I was doing. More than one of
them, well, more than two... okay, okay, it was three(!)... told me that
they were nervous to get near me before because they thought I was going to
invite them!

I always thought that one of them in particular just didn't like dancing
with me at all. Now he told me that actually he did like dancing with me,
but he was afraid to open the door too much for fear that I would come to
expect it every time and he had other girls that he also liked to dance
with. Do you know that guys actually hide in the bathroom to avoid women's
invitations? I confess that I thought the first man who told me this was
kidding me, and I laughed. I've heard this from several men now, and each of
them thinks he invented the trick himself. They come up with this
spontaneously. I felt a little queasy imagining that I might have been one
of the inspirations for this invention...

I have tried my skirtless trick at other places now, too. More men approach
me if I'm something of a "gal pal" instead of an aggressor. At least, that's
how my experiment has been turning out lately.
Fan