[Tango-L] HouseDance - not just walking

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Mon May 14 15:01:28 EDT 2007

Linda wrote:
"..Igor was a gentle dig
on how often he has talked about social dancing
over the months, but ironically brings in a clip
of something choreographed (although also
high-quality) and calls that a better example of
the dance in question."

I am for simple dancing, and the simple the better, however I am not against
quality dancing of the sort you can see on stage.

All the special and flashy moves you see on stage have their internal
meaning. Artists should make the movement visible to the whole audience so
they emphasize their movements, but dancing socially one does not have to
make the emphasis as for show. But an element itself, a movement in its
internal, in-body meaning stays and can be danced and well felt by a
partner.

There is no opposite between stage and good dance-floor dancing. It is only
done on different scale and in different situations. Surrounded by other
couples, it becomes more subtle, but it is still can be there, present.

I hope I was able to convey what I mean.

Igor Polk
PS
And when no one in the way, why not to let your dancing spirit to soar?
PPS
Want to learn to dance better faster?
Put the video I gave a link to, or a similar one on your private DVD and
dance along !