[Tango-L] Goodbye bs as rentals...welcome Color Tango

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 17:05:36 EDT 2007

"In the US there are a lot of jazz bands who love to play in ultra-
traditional styles of different eras: Rockabilly..."
I wonder what those poor white country boys who rocked would think of
  someone putting their music in the same sentence as ultra-traditional?
  (Oh, turns out most early rockabilly records were either rocked up country tunes,
  or original tunes, rather than covers of r&b songs.)

  Meanwhile, I take this as is my cue to share this seeming oddity from the mid 1950s, an
  era in American music not particluarly know for its "diversity". Bill Haley and Argentine Tango? Check it out. http://rcs.law.emory.edu/rcs/pics/ps/ps19225.htm

  In fact I have been surprised at the variety of music included even in the rock'n' roll
  movies of the 50s. Nothing related to Argentine Tango like Essex with Haley and
  Tango on the same bill, except for the popularity of "Blue Tango", but noteworthy none the less.