[Tango-L] Goodbye bs as rentals...welcome Color Tango

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Wed May 2 16:56:14 EDT 2007

Tom Stermitz <stermitz at tango.org> writes:

> Although I love late-Pugliese, why do so many tango
> orchestras choose to work in the Late-Pugliese and
> Piazzolla style?

     I'd guess because they perceive the music to be more
complex and interesting to play?  They probably get bored
with the more rhythmic stuff.

     I share your sentiments.  As with any business,
it's not about what the seller likes, but what the buyer
wants.  If these bands really want to be hired for
dancing gigs (as opposed to concerts), they should play
what more dancers would like to dance to more often
(Golden Age, hello?), instead of what the musicians feel
like playing, because they think it's cool.

Huck