[Tango-L] Where to stay in BA

Toria Vi toriaballet at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 16:42:56 EDT 2007

We will be arriving for a 3 week tango vacation in April.  Our plans are to take tonnes of classes and hit the milongas as much as possible.  From research, it seemed that Palermo Viejo would be a great place to stay, hip, trendy, bars/cafes etc and that there were nuevo tango milongas and classes not too far.

  I have since received a couple emails saying that downtown is better to stay and Palermo would be too far from the center of tango.  However, from the list of Milongas it looks like they are all all over the city and the same for studios with lessons.

  Can you share some insights over what areas you recommend for an apt rental?  Since tango stuff doesn't start till late, we thought it would be fun to be in an area that is walking distance from some great cafes/restaurants etc, before we cab it to the Milongas...

  Thanks!